Friday, July 8, 2011

The Bead Soup Blog Party®!


What is a Bead Soup Blog Party® ?

Here's how it works!


First, you must have a blog!

Second, no, you do NOT have to make your own beads!

Third, YES it is open to International beaders!


Here are the past parties!




(Become a Follower to keep up with when the next Party is -- I have two a year! 





 ***   Make sure lori at lorianderson dot net   ***
is on your "safe list" in your spam folder. 


As I mentioned after the 5th party,
I will be taking all who wish to participate.

(Exception: If you joined a previous party but never posted your creation.)

To that end, I'll be hosting THREE reveal days.
 This should give people time to enjoy the blog hop,
even if there are a lot of participants.


During sign up days, you will be given 
the chance to ask for a certain date
and I will do all I can to comply.



PLEASE UNDERSTAND:
 
Rarely, if ever, is anyone able to visit all the blogs.
Participating in the hop is supposed to be fun for you.


You should not feel stressed over visiting all the blogs.


There are a few blog hops in the art arena
that have many more participants then the BSBP, 
yet they're fun and engaging.


Be in it for the fun and your chance to be creative!


When the sign ups close, I'll contact everyone with their partner and list all the Party Blogs on my regular blog and here, too.

Once you get a partner, you'll then send that person a Party Pack:


::  A focal  ::
 ::  Some coordinating spacers or beads  ::
 ::  A special clasp (not just a lobster claw)  ::



PLEASE NOTE!


As you can see from past hops, some people will send a smaller amount (as shown below, which is PERFECTLY THE RIGHT SOUP SIZE), yet some will send a larger amount just because they want to.

You do NOT have to send an entire necklace or bracelet kit.  


The idea is you will use the focal and the clasp, and if you wish, some of the coordinating beads, incorporating beads from your own stash.  The idea is to help you think outside the box and work outside your normal comfort zone, pushing you into creative directions you may never have gone.


 If you choose to send more beads 
than the examples show, that's fine -- 
but you can't be upset if your partner 
doesn't use them all.


You ONLY have to use the focal and the clasp,
(although using some of the coordinating beads is encouraged). 

Examples of soups: 

photo by Carol Bradley




my first soup








When you get your package of beads, show your beads on your blog.  Then you make something with the beads (or several pieces!), take a picture, and post it on your blog on the reveal day.  Everyone hops around to as many blogs as possible to see what people made.  You don't have to hop all on one day and you aren't obligated to visit all the blogs.  I don't want anyone to stress out over this!

The list of participants will stay on this blog so you can do as many as you can a day.



Feel free to tell your friends!



An easy way to keep up with Blog Party happenings?
Follow my blog!


Bead Soup Cafe 
(no need for a blog at the Cafe!)


Facebook Fan Page




EXTRA EXCITING!






The book about the Bead Soup Blog Party, 
written by me and published by Kalmbach, 
will be out Fall 2012!




(Bead Soup Blog Party ® is a registered trademark  and protected as such.)

45 comments:

  1. I'm so excited and can't wait! Thanks for doing it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, can't wait for the fun to begin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this Lori - I think I will finally join in this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed last time and can't wait to have another go, thinking about beads already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I am not artistic but have followed to see the great pieces of jewellery made.

    Best wishes Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i got it posted correctly to my blog.
    hoping to do bead soup this time. really like the pieces that have been done.

    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lori for hosting another party. Can not wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to take part this time Lori, what fun! Even though I am not using as many beads these days, will be fun to play. Take care, Riki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to more soup fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Signed up. Posted on my new blog. Thinking of stuff to put in my Party Pack. In other words: Ready and excited to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you - I am looking forward for a great fun ☺.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has been such a blast Lori, thanks for including me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOhh...I cant wait to see the book, sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please add me to the list for the next round! I want to playyyyyy !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad I joined this round! kind of sad it will be the last tho. Maybe you and Kalmbach can make this an annual book! lol sure would be a treat and certain it would be a hit with beginning as well as accomplished beaders/artisans. Thanks so much for doing this Lori! Glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad I heard about this. Heard about this through a friend. Saw what she did on the last bead swap. So cool! It sounds like so much fun. I would love to join.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!
    I just learned about this from a button on the side of a blog I was checking out and I'm so uber excited!
    I was wondering if anyone did anything fun like this!
    Yaaaaaaay!
    You can definitely expect to hear from me the next time around! It's already going to alarm on my phone on June 15 th!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would love to participate this year! Thanks so much, and it looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited , I'm scared i've not done something so i'm not signed up right , i'll have to read and re~read everything and be 100%sure ..:) .... ohhh i'm sooo excited ,

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am excited about this Bead Soup Blog Party and any reveal date is fine with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i would love to be included if you are still taking names!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea! I would love to join too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm super stoked for this :) I'm a blog soup virgin!
    Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just started a blog....I so hope I did this right. I tried to do the gadget thing but I'm not tech swavey enough to pull that one off. I'm very excited to to be a part of this blog hop...and to learn something new...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh let the fun begin! I for sure can't resist to join one more time! I'm already starting to consider what soup I shall put together for this one. Love it! Thank you Lori for all the work you put into this fantastic event!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I"m very happy and excited to sign up!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think I might actually get to participate this time, I always seem to miss it so it's only my own fault - LOL
    So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think I might actually get to participate this time, I always seem to miss it so it's only my own fault - LOL
    So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't figure out how to sign up!!! michellesmessages@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to play, I hope I am not tooooo late. This time of year is rough in dates for me, my dad, moms bd and fathers day all in the same week. I have been waiting for this, my email is designedbyvera@gmail.com for the beadsoup party! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so excited that I will be able to participate in this one!!! I am having so much fun meeting new people and seeing new designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the idea of the bead soup and am so looking forward to be part of this !!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This sounds soooo exiting. I've never participated in a bead soup (or bead swap) ever, so no idea what to expect. But I definitely want to join.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am new to this, can I join too? 100colors100@gmail.com is my email id. and www.HundredColors.blogspot.com is my blog.I really wish to take part.. I think its really cool..Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, I got so excited! Last year I missed it, so I decided I'll participate in january, and here we are! I can't wait! This will be my first time! Thank you Lori for inventing and organising this amazing event! Greetings from Hungary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm very interested. Sign me up, please.

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG I need to create a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I can't wait!! This will be my first - be gentle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. This will be my first - look forward to joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Lori,
    I want to sign up again. I seem to be missing how to sign up. Please point me in the right direction.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!